Some of us tumble into it, some of us leap into it with excitement and some of us are pushed but whichever category you are, at some point, you’ll feel frustrated at working with designers and suppliers.
You know this relationship should work better but don’t know why it isn’t. Why aren’t your designs or products coming back as you imagined them? Fed up with slipping deadlines and poor proofs?
Or perhaps you’re completely new to working with designers and suppliers and want to know where to start.
This is a much neglected area of professional development but really essential if projects are to run smoothly, and without the cold sweat of worry as we sleep at night.
This day will include:
- Writing great briefs and specifications that get results
- Finding the right people for the job
- Planning the design or development process
- Tips for costing projects
- How to keep projects on track
- Copyright; what you need to know and get in writing
- Quick guide to the designer jargon minefield – understand the lingo
As with all of our workshops, this day will leave you buzzing and ready to leap into action. Places are limited to a small group so there’s plenty of opportunity for discussion and individual questions. We don’t palm you off to external trainers; our team will personally look after you. This way we ensure the quality of our workshops is always tip-top.
Who is this for?
This workshop has been designed for staff and volunteers who are new to managing learning, interpretation or visitor experience projects and for those with experience under their belt who are frustrated and want to make their projects happen quicker and with better results.
This day is for those amongst us who really want their projects to stand out from the crowd and go without a hitch.
All our fun and inspiring workshops include:
- Follow-up email to all delegates and free support tools such as our Flickr galleries of best practice and INSPIRE email network
- Summary of evaluation data from the workshop – emailed to you within two weeks of the workshop
- Delegate packs and additional resources available from £2.50 per person
Travel, accommodation and subsistence for your workshop leader will be charged at cost. All our prices are ex VAT
Like what you see, but not quite sure yet? Maybe you don’t want to buy a whole workshop but just want a place on one? Get in touch with us to discuss your training needs