When is a guided walk not a guided walk?
When it is an entertaining, inspiring, awesome encounter where your guides engage your visitors in narrative storytelling. This workshop will show you how to boost your guided walks and talks with stellar results.
The guided walks and talks masterclass workshop will super boost your guided walks and talks and cover expert techniques. As always the skills are transferable to any setting for example in a museum, a guided walk at a nature reserve or a village highlights tour.
Over the course of the day we will cover in practical detail;
- what secrets to success make a guided walk or talk inspiring not tiring
- planning your walk or talk – getting the story right, tips for delivery
- getting the story right
- tailoring to your audience
- advanced guiding techniques
- trouble shooting problems
- time to reflect on your current practice
Our workshops are for up to 15 delegates – that’s less than £27.00 per person!
All our fun and inspiring workshops include:
- Follow-up email to all delegates and free support tools such as our Flickr galleries of best practice and INSPIRE email network
- Summary of evaluation data from the workshop – emailed to you within two weeks of the workshop
- Goody bags for all workshop delegates and additional resources available from £2.50 per person
- Travel and subsistence charged at actual cost
- Carbon offset of travel
All our prices are ex VAT.
Like what you see, but not quite sure yet? Maybe you don’t want to buy a whole workshop but just want a place on one? Get in touch with us to discuss your training needs
‘Heritage Insider provides a friendly and approachable service – the team takes time to listen to the requirements of the client and to work closely with them. This is really important at a time when staff capacity is so stretched.’
Before today I was….‘In danger of getting a bit lazy and just keep repeating the same walk in the same way.’
During the session I was thinking…‘About how I could make my walks more engaging and inspire people to put into practice what I was showing them.’
As a result of today I will…‘Look at how to improve my walks and make them more engaging.’
Masterclass delegate, May 2016
‘I think I can safely say that everyone enjoyed the day – we certainly laughed a lot and some great ideas came out of the day. I’ve certainly adopted some of the techniques and even used them as inspiration in other contexts.’
Earth Heritage Trust