When is a guided walk not a guided walk?
When it is an entertaining, inspiring, awesome encounter where your guides engage your visitors in narrative storytelling. This workshop will show you how to boost your guided walks and talks with stellar results.
A fun, but also a really great day to bond as a team and polish up skills and knowledge.
This workshop concentrates on the skills needed to deliver inspiring guided walks and talks. The skills are transferable to any setting e.g. in a museum, a guided walk at a nature reserve, a village highlights tour; whatever you need.
This day long workshop takes delegates through:
- Introducing walks and talks – what makes a great guided walk or talk and what is the recipe for disaster
- Tailoring to your audience
- Planning your walk or talk – getting the story right, tips for delivery
- When things go wrong – trouble shooting problems
- Quick ideas for evaluating walks and talks
- At the end of the day we create our own tops tips
For this workshop it doesn’t matter if people have been doing walks and talks for years or have never done one.
This year our walks and talks workshop clients have numbered, among others: Welney Wetland Centre, Bombay Sapphire (yup, the gin!) and West Midlands Museums.
Our workshops are for up to 15 delegates – that’s less than £27.00 per person!
All our fun and inspiring workshops include:
- Follow-up email to all delegates and free support tools such as our Flickr galleries of best practice and INSPIRE email network
- Summary of evaluation data from the workshop – emailed to you within two weeks of the workshop
- Goody bags for all workshop delegates and additional resources available from £2.50 per person
- Travel and subsistence charged at actual cost
- Carbon offset of travel
All our prices are ex VAT.
As a result of today I will…
‘Review my current format and consider additional handling / interactive items. Use assessment ‘tool’ to check out content offered.’
‘See if my museum can bring an object out of the store for a micro talk and see if I can take any of the scheduled tours.’
Participant comment, Worcester Infirmary guided tour workshop
Before today I was…‘In discussions with other managers about what our castle tour was actually for.’
During the session I was thinking…‘How much my staff have to offer! They all have thoughts and experience to bring to the table. The session helped them express this.’
As a result of today I will…‘Look again at what a tour is and what we and the people on tour can expect. To learn – review what can be done to improve our visitors experience.’
Wakefield One delegate, July 2016
Before today I was…‘Fairly happy with the way things were, but I knew we could do more and better. I just wasn’t sure how.’
During the session I was thinking…‘I could do this, I could do that, over and over again. We could be doing this/that now/soon etc.’
As a result of today I will…‘Be asking for a review of the tour that we deliver at the moment and also for permission to put some of the easier more accessible ideas into practice. I really, really enjoyed today’s session and feel inspired and motivated.’
Wakefield One delegate, July 2016
Like what you see, but not quite sure yet? Maybe you don’t want to buy a whole workshop but just want a place on one? Get in touch with us to discuss your training needs