Taking you step-by-step through the process of planning and developing an exciting indoor or outdoor trail. Includes the chance for delegates to get their hands on hundreds of examples and to develop their own ideas and thinking.
Want to develop a self-guided trail at your site? Then this course is for you.
This packed one-day workshop will include:
- Lots of practical activities designed to draw out fun ideas for a trail around your property; whether indoors in a museum, gallery or historic house or outdoors in a park, garden or landscape
- How to pick the right trail format to suit your visitors
- Choosing a central theme and/or character for your trail
- Evaluation and how it can help
- Planning a trail that really kicks ass – including tips for creating imaginative and effective trails, choosing visuals and working with designers
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Launching your trail
- Plenty of examples of trails from around the UK and a selection of relevant reference books to browse
Trails that kick ass is one of our most popular courses! We find that it is really effective for delegates as it takes you through a step-by-step process of how to develop a successful trail. Previous delegates have gone on to create some excellent examples, and during the day there will be an opportunity to look at the very best.
If you want to brush up your skills, share practice or are new to trail development this course will be of benefit to you, plus there will be lots of handy and take away ideas and resources too. If you would like to see what you might get up to on the day, check out our Flickr site to see pictures of previous trails training.
Our workshops are for up to 15 delegates – that’s less than £27.00 per person!
All our fun and inspiring workshops include:
- Follow-up email to all delegates and free support tools such as our Flickr galleries of best practice and INSPIRE email network
- Summary of evaluation data from the workshop – emailed to you within two weeks of the workshop
- Goody bags for all workshop delegates and additional resources available from £2.50 per person
- Travel and subsistence charged at actual cost
- Carbon offset of travel
All our prices are ex VAT.
‘Kate led a trails workshop for me and a group of colleagues. I had high expectations for the workshop, and thanks to Kate’s management of the group, we achieved even more than I had hoped for. Kate quickly managed to identify the strengths and abilities of each person and then assigned tasks to each of us to bring out the best in everyone. We all enjoyed the workshop, and we now have several brand new trails to use on our Forestry England sites.’
Education and Brand Project Manager, Forestry England
Before today I was…‘A complete trail guide novice.’
During the session I was thinking…‘How very useful and clearly presented it was.’
As a result of today I will…‘Be able to help the team produce new trail guides / revamp old guides.’
Delegate comments, Hereford and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust
Like what you see, but not quite sure yet? Maybe you don’t want to buy a whole workshop but just want a place on one? Get in touch with us to discuss your training needs