The workshop concentrates on the advanced skills needed to deliver inspiring guided walks. As always the skills are transferable to any setting for example in a museum, a guided walk at a nature reserve or a village highlights tour.
Over the course of the day we will cover in practical detail;
- what secrets to success make a guided walk or talk inspiring not tiring
- advanced guiding techniques
- getting the story right
- trouble shooting problems
- time to reflect on your current practice
Who is this masterclass for?
This day is for experienced guides or those who are already running walks and talks, plus those who plan and manage walk and talk programmes.
All our fun and inspiring workshops include:
- Follow-up email to all delegates and free support tools such as our Flickr galleries of best practice and INSPIRE email network
- Summary of evaluation data from the workshop – emailed to you within two weeks of the workshop
- Goody bags for all workshop delegates and additional resources available from £2.50 per person
This workshop price includes VAT at the standard UK rate.
Travel, accommodation and subsistence for your workshop leader will be charged at cost.
Like what you see, but not quite sure yet? Maybe you don’t want to buy a whole workshop but just want a place on one? We pop all the latest workshops, tips and deals straight into INSPIRE. It’s free and it’s exclusive access for our professional community of 800 strong, people just like you.
“Heritage Insider provides a friendly and approachable service – the team takes time to listen to the requirements of the client and to work closely with them. This is really important at a time when staff capacity is so stretched.”
Helen Johnson, Staffordshire Museums
Before today I was….“In danger of getting a bit lazy and just keep repeating the same walk in the same way.”
During the session I was thinking…“About how I could make my walks more engaging and inspire people to put into practice what I was showing them.”
As a result of today I will…“Look at how to improve my walks and make them more engaging.”
Masterclass delegate, May 2016
“I think I can safely say that everyone enjoyed the day – we certainly laughed a lot and some great ideas came out of the day. I’ve certainly adopted some of the techniques and even used them as inspiration in other contexts.”
Sue Knox, Earth Heritage Trust