This one-day workshop is brilliant for staff, volunteers or a team that have been tasked with producing or improving interpretation.
Interpretation can be an amazing way to engage visitors with the story of your property, collections, landscape, people, garden or event. But with so much mediocre and even bad interpretation out there, how do you make sure you start off on the right foot? This workshop will guide you through the basics in a fun and accessible way.
The mission of this workshop is simply to make your interpretation inspiring not tiring!
It aims to leave participants feeling more confident and enthused to start developing or improving interpretation.
Your workshop is crammed with:
- A professional facilitator with years of experience in this field
- Tonnes of real examples of interpretation from across the world
- Ideas for creatively approaching interpretation
- Simple tools to help you plan interpretation effectively
- A lively presentation style with interactive activities so delegates can get ‘hands-on’
This is a great workshop for training volunteers or when working with young people also.
All our fun and inspiring workshops include:
- Follow-up email to all delegates and free support tools such as our Flickr galleries of best practice and INSPIRE email network
- Summary of evaluation data from the workshop – emailed to you within two weeks of the workshop
- Delegate packs and additional resources available from £2.50 per person
This workshop price includes VAT at the standard UK rate.
Travel, accommodation and subsistence for your workshop leader will be charged at cost.
Before today I was…”Designing new museum displays”
During the session I was thinking…“Now I understand what I should be doing”
As a result of today I will…”Improve my writing for interpretation with attention grabbing text”
Comments from a Hereford and Worcestershire Earth Heritage Trust delegate
“It’s been a pleasure to work with Kate and her team again to develop some interpretation for adult visitors. We’re getting great feedback from our visitors too!”
Sue Hicks, National Trust’s Tudor Merchant’s House, Tenby.
Like what you see, but not quite sure yet? Maybe you don’t want to buy a whole workshop but just want a place on one? We pop all the latest workshops, tips and deals straight into INSPIRE. It’s free and it’s exclusive access for our professional community of 800 strong, people just like you.
Want this workshop delivered outside the UK? Just contact us to discuss and we can put together a cost or develop an online webinar for you.