In a nutshell, we specialise in two things; the dynamics of heritage audiences and visitor experience and how the components of an exceptional project gel together.
Do you need to know more about audiences, want some inspiration on how to improve your visitor experience, or want some help pulling off the perfect project? We are the people to call.
- We are passionate about driving improvement and helping teams to work positively together to implement change and drive plans forward
- We work both practically on the ground and in strategic planning and mentoring; so we understand how projects and activities work in practice, not just on paper
- Our company style is very much to work ‘with’ clients not ‘for’ them; implementing a collaborative approach that is both enjoyable and gets results by helping people to maximise their potential.
We are a small team, but what we lack in numbers we make up in ambition. In case we have not had the pleasure of meeting you yet, then here’s a little more about us:
Kate has been helping to create inspiring visitor experiences in the visitor destination, culture and heritage environment for
over 14 years. Kate has worked in key heritage learning roles for Leeds City Council Museums Service, the Royal Geographical Society, the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority and the National Trust before starting her own consultancy in 2007. Outside of work Kate is a keen kick-boxer and loves to cook.
Judith is our Business Administrator, our secret weapon in keeping everything in order. She understands client needs from a project and helps to make sure everything runs smoothly. Judith also deals with all our orders, and organising training packages. Outside of work Judith is a keen horse rider.
Nikki brings with her a wealth of experience ranging from leading performance and learning in IT and Operational Development services at blue chip corporations, to delivering innovative solutions to maximise performance for start up businesses. Alongside the team, Nikki’s primary focus is the successful launch and support of Greedy Squirrel. Nikki is a keen triathlete and a mum to 2.4 children.
Eleanor is a university graduate living in Wales. She was raised on a smallholding in the beautiful Welsh countryside – nestled between the Cambrian Mountains and the sea – amongst a host of different animals, and loves to go on woodland walks with her dogs. Eleanor has an overactive imagination and loves both reading and writing, hoping to be a published novelist one day, particularly enjoying the genre of historical fiction.
Karen has had a varied career including almost 10yrs in the Women’s Royal Naval Service, before gaining an honours degree in 2008 in Environmental Science. She worked as crew and wildlife guide on a live-aboard boat around the west coast of Scotland before project managing environmental work in the Peak District National Park and many projects, including an HLF project, for Don Catchment Rivers Trust. Karen is an avid reader who loves to cook and grow her own vegetables and fruit.
Mark is our Fresh Eye Visit technician, also in training to be a heritage stone mason working on historic houses. Mark’s days are taken up visiting heritage sites, with a particular but not exclusive, interest in manor houses. A jet-skiing, travelling and boxing enthusiast, you’ll also see Mark buzzing around the country on his beloved electric bike as his preferred mode of transport.
Waffle is our super fun and lovable team mascot. Waffle loves nothing more than going to the dog friendly heritage sites especially to the big open fields and anywhere that he can swim. He is high energy like the rest of the team and enthusiastic about joining in with the work wherever he can.
You may know us as Kate Measures Consulting. We changed our name to Heritage Insider Ltd in 2014 to fit our exciting new developments and ventures.
We are committed to an ever improving environmental and social responsibility policy, not because we think it looks good, but because we care. Read more about the ways we try do our bit for the environment.
- We are split over two offices plus three satellite locations, helping us cover every corner of the UK.
- Our northern office is set just north of Leeds, near the lovely town of Horsforth. Our southern office is a homely little space just outside Bath with spectacular views of the Cotswolds.
- On average, we have about 9 different types of tea stashed in our kitchen at any one time. So if you are ever passing by, please do stop in for a cup.
- Over the past 5 years (2013 – 2017) we’ve helped 19 different organisations secure funding of over £26 million.
- Those organisations and projects, in no particular order: Bumblebee Conservation Trust, RHS Wisley, Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, Bathscape Land Partnership Trust, Buzz for the Coast, Back from the Brink, Secrets of the Solent, Caring for Gods Acre, Colne Valley Landscape Partnership, Llanelli Railway Goods Shed Trust, Barnsley Cooper Gallery, National Coal Mining Museum, Woodland Trust, Freshwater Habitats Trust, Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, Sacrewell, Bramall Hall, Don Catchment Rivers Trust, Canal and Rivers Trust, Pennine Prospects and Garganey Trust.
- Please freely read the testimonials dotted around the website, kindly supplied from clients and delegates: professionals, just like you.
Want to work with us on your next project? Get in touch today to discuss how our super team can come and help yours.